Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Help Me / Re: Player Image not saving
« Last post by Corey Cooper on March 01, 2024, 10:50:13 AM »
Player images are imported and stored in your player database.  You'll need to get those images onto the laptop.  I would recommend backing up the database on the PC and restoring it on the laptop.  You can find the Backup and Restore features on the Database tab.
Help Me / Re: How to edit borders?
« Last post by Corey Cooper on March 01, 2024, 10:46:09 AM »
I'm using Excel 2019, which is admittedly a little out of date, but aside from some small differences the features work identically.  Excel doesn't have a size, but they both have styles with Excel having a few more styles than the TD.  But the behavior is the same.  Select a style and color, then press whatever border side you wish to apply it to.  It will change the border to that style and color, unless the border is already that style and color, in which case it will remove the border.  Make your changes so that the border in the preview section looks like you want it, press OK, it is applied.

Help Me / Re: Dr. Neau Formula in Tournament Director
« Last post by bcox1985 on February 29, 2024, 09:44:37 AM »
It works perfectly. Thank you.

On a side note, maybe I am not understanding how the test range works. I was assuming if I loaded the data it would show me the scores 1-10 but they aren't quite correct that way. However, when ran individually it is accurate.

Thanks again.
Help Me / Re: Player Image not saving
« Last post by pugs on February 28, 2024, 12:25:19 AM »
I have a question related to this.  I was trying to setup a tournament on a USB drive.  I am editing players on my desktop PC but plan to run the tournament on a laptop.  The images are also on the USB drive but when I try to open the same tournament on the laptop, all the images show "?"  I thought maybe it was an issue with the USB drive letter so I changed it so it was the same on desktop vs laptop but that didn't seem to help.  I can't find anywhere in the program to show how it saves the path to the image to troubleshoot further...
« Last post by pugs on February 28, 2024, 12:21:34 AM »
Actually, I basically copied the border tool in Excel, so it's exactly like a spreadsheet border tool.

It doesn't exactly work like a spreadsheet.  If you select all 4 or however many borders to display and a size it will change all of them when you hit ok/apply.  In this program that does not happen.
Help Me / Re: Dr. Neau Formula in Tournament Director
« Last post by Corey Cooper on February 27, 2024, 08:10:23 PM »
You've already got the equivalent TD variables, you just need to replace them in the formula:

SQRT (buyins * defaultBuyinFee * defaultBuyinFee / totalCost) / (rank + 1.0)

If the issue is you are trying this formula in the Points for Playing Formula window and you are getting an error when you press the Test button, it's probably because you haven't given the variables any values.  During the course of the tournament, all of the variables will have a value, but of course when testing they only have a value if you provide one.

For example, a player in the tournament will have a total cost.  It won't be zero (well, it could be zero, but only if your player didn't pay anything at all to play in the tournament).  But if you don't provide a value in the Points for Playing window and try to test the formula, then the formula will be attempting to divide by the total cost, which is zero, which results in an error because you cannot divide by zero.  Just find the "totalCost" variable and give it a sample (non-zero) value, then press Test again.
Help Me / Dr. Neau Formula in Tournament Director
« Last post by bcox1985 on February 27, 2024, 10:35:44 AM »
Hello. I apologize if this has been answered as I spent some time searching prior to posting. Does anyone know how to enter Dr.Neau's formula into Tournament Director? I know the formula. It is score = SQRT (n * b * b / e) / (f + 1.0).

In TD N = buyins, b= defaultbuyinfee, e = totalcost, f= rank

Thanks in advance.
Help Me / Re: Indivdual stats on players in season
« Last post by Corey Cooper on February 23, 2024, 11:52:02 PM »
The Stats tab will show the full stats of all of the players that match your stats profile.  When you say you want "one players complete stats", what do you mean?  Are you trying to view them on the Stats tab?  Are you trying to export them? 
« Last post by Corey Cooper on February 22, 2024, 09:13:09 AM »
Actually, I basically copied the border tool in Excel, so it's exactly like a spreadsheet border tool.
« Last post by pugs on February 22, 2024, 02:00:16 AM »
Open the Border window.  Set the size of border you want in the Size field.  Set the type of border you want: Solid, Dotted, Dashed, etc.  Select the color of border.  Once you've selected the border attributes, click on one of the five border buttons to apply those attributes to that particular border (or all of the borders at once if you click the corner button).  Those are toggle buttons.  If there's no border on that side, a border will be added using the properties you've selected.  If there is already a border on that side but with different properties, your selected properties will be applied, overriding the existing border.  If there is already a border on that side with the same properties, the border will be removed.  Once you've decided on your borders, press OK.

Ok, so there is an order or operation here.  Now I can change borders it seams by going with this order.  Not sure why there would be an order.  Maybe a setup window where you can just assign each border individually with an option to set all 4 the same or copy over.  One would assume the window is like any spreadsheet border system but definitely not.  Thank you for the order.  I have another question now that is unrelated.  Need to search a bit and maybe find it though before asking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10