Author Topic: 3.7 Released!  (Read 19612 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.7 Released!
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »
Finally!  I've just uploaded the final version 3.7.  It can be downloaded on the Download page: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

If you're still using beta 1, beta 2, beta 3, or beta 4, please visit the download page and download and install it.  If you're using beta 5, your version should update automatically.

A great big thank you! to everyone who participated in the beta testing.  Your input and feedback has been invaluable, as always.

Here are the few things that were updated since beta 5:

- Added player image rotation.
- Bug fixed: A minor visual artifact on some of the built-in screens.
- Bug fixed: Color picker alpha channel selector not visible when color is "transparent".
- Bug fixed: Tokens not available for event action "launch program".
- Bug fixed: Sort column should change to a visible column when the current sort column is removed on Players tab, Database tab, or Stats tab.
- Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): Players on the Seating Chart screen are always listed in black text, regardless of the  Table Body font setting, except when recently moved players are highlighted.
- Bug fixed: When add-ons or rebuys are disabled, trying to insert an add-on or rebuy from the Game Player dialog  prompts the user to confirm the action, but doesn't wait for confirmation, instead opens the add-on or rebuy dialog  immediately.
- Bug fixed: Context menu items are HTML-encoded and should not be.
- Bug fixed: Player images aren't vertically centered properly.
- Bug fixed: Player images that are rectangular display as oblong circles when images are displayed as "round".
- Bug fixed: If a source folder doesn't exist when refreshing stats, the refresh is aborted with a cryptic error message.

mcmcgurk

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 01:10:43 AM »
Am I doing something silly?  The download link says it is getting TournamentDirector370.exe, but every time I download it I'm getting TournamentDirector343.exe.

Side note - bad user that I am, I did not notice this until I installed 3.4.3 again.  Now when I open 3.7.0 Beta 4 again, I seem to have lost my preferences for things such as database, stats profiles, etc.  Looks like the files were perhaps overwritten by the 3.4.3 install?  Hoping that a proper install of 3.7.0 will get these back, otherwise I've got some recovery work to do thanks to my click-happy tendencies. :D

*EDIT* - I see notes about the prefs.sav.yyyymdd-hhmmss file - restoring that to prefs.sav has addressed that issue.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:22:45 AM by mcmcgurk »

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 05:48:16 AM »
The download link on the homepage seems to point at "http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/TournamentDirector370.exe" but the file i get downloaded is TournamentDirector343.exe

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:46:44 AM »
You're both correct.  The site is configured to redirect any "incorrect" filename downloads to the latest version.  I typo'd the download link and tested the update, not a direct download, which is always part of the release steps.  It was late and I'd been working on it for hours.  Anyway it has been fixed.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 07:50:44 AM »
Side note - bad user that I am, I did not notice this until I installed 3.4.3 again.  Now when I open 3.7.0 Beta 4 again, I seem to have lost my preferences for things such as database, stats profiles, etc.  Looks like the files were perhaps overwritten by the 3.4.3 install?  Hoping that a proper install of 3.7.0 will get these back, otherwise I've got some recovery work to do thanks to my click-happy tendencies. :D

*EDIT* - I see notes about the prefs.sav.yyyymdd-hhmmss file - restoring that to prefs.sav has addressed that issue.  :-[

Long story short: some of the data structures had to be changed for 3.7.  When you ran 3.7, the preferences file was saved using the new data structures.  When you later ran 3.4.3, it didn't understand the preferences file, so the default behavior is to simply create a new preferences file, overwriting the old one.  But a few versions back I updated the code to save off a backup of that file first.  Glad you were able to recover your preferences.

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 02:03:12 PM »
Hi Corey,

Ran a tourney last night with 3.7 where I had the "Game window" maximised on a second display and the TD command window on the primary display.
It went pretty flawlessly :) with the exception of a few oddities:

a) Occasionally, the very top of a pre-defined page which was displayed on the "Game Window" (i.e. player movement) would have what looked like a title bar - refreshing/re-selecting the page made it disappear.
b) Trying to export the results using the PokerDiy option (probably also occurs with the other export options), I was unable to change the filename as the focus on the file picker dialog kept on being removed  :( - presumably as a result of the clock being updated on the maximised "Game Window" on the other display - minimising the "Game Window" and moving it back to the primary display allowed the file picker to work normally.

Thanks for your hard work in producing such a superb application!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »
Hi Corey,

Ran a tourney last night with 3.7 where I had the "Game window" maximised on a second display and the TD command window on the primary display.
It went pretty flawlessly :) with the exception of a few oddities:

a) Occasionally, the very top of a pre-defined page which was displayed on the "Game Window" (i.e. player movement) would have what looked like a title bar - refreshing/re-selecting the page made it disappear.
b) Trying to export the results using the PokerDiy option (probably also occurs with the other export options), I was unable to change the filename as the focus on the file picker dialog kept on being removed  :( - presumably as a result of the clock being updated on the maximised "Game Window" on the other display - minimising the "Game Window" and moving it back to the primary display allowed the file picker to work normally.

Thanks for your hard work in producing such a superb application!

Thanks for the info!

a) This is a known Electron issue.  It's actually listed in the TD release notes.  It happens whenever another window is opened or closed.  So if you're performing TD work in the Settings window, any time another window is opened or closed (for example, you're buying players into the tournament) you might briefly see a "title bar" at the top of the Game window, even though it is in full-screen mode.  Strangely, it looks like it came from the time of Windows XP, even though you might be using Windows 7, 8 or even 10.  In my experience, it's only a flash.  Occasionally it lasts for a few seconds, but I've never seen it stick around long enough for me to even try to refresh the screen.  If you've got the Game window full-screened on your main display, you might also see the Windows taskbar appear briefly.  Best to full-screen the Game window on a different display, if you're running with multiple displays.

b) That's very odd.  It does not happen to me, and I've never heard of this issue.  There's no code to continually focus on any window, so I'm pretty confused as to what could cause that.  There used to be, in previous versions, as a way to prevent the Windows screen saver from activating.  But now that's no longer necessary, as the application is able to tell Windows to turn it off while the app is running.  Are you able to reproduce this?

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 06:21:56 PM »
b) That's very odd.  It does not happen to me, and I've never heard of this issue.  There's no code to continually focus on any window, so I'm pretty confused as to what could cause that.  There used to be, in previous versions, as a way to prevent the Windows screen saver from activating.  But now that's no longer necessary, as the application is able to tell Windows to turn it off while the app is running.  Are you able to reproduce this?
Yes, repeatable.
I'm using a Windows 7 virtual machine (VMware).
Move the Game window to a second display and maximise it.
On the TD window, select "Export" and then pick one of the export options.
When the file picker initially comes up you can type into the filename field ok.. but if you select a subdirectory the file picker dialog loses focus, by clicking in the filename field you can get focus back, but it is lost almost immediately (approx every second) - typing a filename is not possible.
Move the Game window onto the same display as the TD window and the file picker works perfectly.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »
That is wild.  Thanks for the steps.  The key is to select another folder.  Until you do that it works fine.  Also it appears to happen only when the file dialog is on a display different from the Game window.  If I reverse the situation, maximizing the Game window on my main display and configuring the preferences to have the Settings window open on the secondary display, I see the same thing.

*Edit: Doesn't happen on my Windows 10 PC, only on my Windows 7 PC.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:13:08 PM by Corey Cooper »

tonkatommy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Had an issue last week when I ran our weekly poker night.
The Game Window would go to some crazy resolution when dragged to the second screen.
As you can see the layout has done something crazy..
I ended up having to duplicate my screen rather than extend to get it to work, but meant if I left the settings window open it would cover the game window.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:32:37 PM by tonkatommy »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »
Any chance your secondary display is a different resolution than your main display?

While Microsoft and the Chromium team have made a lot of progress in support of higher resolutions and, I'm pretty sure there are still some kinks in the process.  Based on your description it seems like when the app is moved to the secondary display, Chrome is trying to adjust the scaling to match, but it's not working very well.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
Just downloaded. File name is TournamentDirector343.exe. Install or not? Thanks.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
Just downloaded. File name is TournamentDirector343.exe. Install or not? Thanks.

That's the old version.  Make sure you download from the main download page, not the page with older versions.

https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

Filename is The_Tournament_Director_Setup_3.7.0.exe.

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
Works great. Thanks Corey, good job ;D
Jerome R. Wilson

tonkatommy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 02:49:12 AM »
Any chance your secondary display is a different resolution than your main display?

While Microsoft and the Chromium team have made a lot of progress in support of higher resolutions and, I'm pretty sure there are still some kinks in the process.  Based on your description it seems like when the app is moved to the secondary display, Chrome is trying to adjust the scaling to match, but it's not working very well.

Both screens are 1920x1080. It seems very strange as it worked fine the previous week. I will check again this week if it is still doing it. I'll try to do a screen recording if it is so you can see. I have completely removed TD from my system as the old version was still installed. Maybe that will fix up the issue..