Author Topic: Multiple Screens Viewing Different Displays  (Read 5548 times)

HugginsPoker

• View Profile
Multiple Screens Viewing Different Displays
« on: March 09, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »
Hello All!

Sorry if I am posting a routinely asked question, but I could not find what I am looking for in my search. I will be starting up my home games again after 7 years or so. I plan to have 3+ screens in addition to my laptop. I would like for one of these to simply show our blind schedule so that my players can plan their play accordingly. NOTE: My laptop will leverage a docking station that will have two HDMI outputs.

In version 3.7 can you show the primary tournament screen over HDMI Output 1, while showing another view such as Blind Schedule, seating chart etc out HDMI Output 2?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Screens Viewing Different Displays
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »
No, this is currently not possible.  The current version has a single "Game window" for display to players, and a separate "Settings window" for configuration and operation.  They can be moved to separate displays, but there's no way currently to open another "Game window".

It is on my to-do list for version 4.  But it will require some serious re-architecture.  I hope I can make it happen.

jake14mw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 10:31:44 PM »
One thing you can try is using TeamViewer software.  Desktop versions of the software run on the PC with the TD software.  Then it can be shared with another PC/Laptop or a Tablet or phone using the Teamviewer app.

HugginsPoker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 12:30:46 AM »
Hey Corey,

For my specific need I think I’ll just take a screenshot of my blinds and just broadcast the image to the appropriate TV.

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 08:33:49 AM »
Hello
I played with 3.4 version i now use 3.7 .I don't know to move from "setting window" to "game window" somebody ca help a french player ?
Merci

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 02:13:04 PM »
In versions before 3.7, switching the Game window between window mode and full-screen mode required restarting the application.  So if the Game window is in full-screen mode there's no way to move the window, since there is no "window chrome" (there's no window title bar) where you can click your mouse to drag the window around.  So I added a whole set of controls to be able to move the Game window.  But those controls were clunky, and required that you describe to the application your display configuration.  Once you did that, it was easy to move the Game window where you wanted it.

But in 3.7 and later versions the Game window can toggle between window mode and full-screen mode simply by pressing the F11 key.  So, if you want to move the Game window to your second display/monitor, you just close the Settings window, press F11 to toggle the Game window into window mode, use your mouse to drag the Game window to the display you want it on, then press F11 again to go back to full-screen mode.

I've received many inquiries about this.  So I have been contemplating adding some of that functionality back, as it was admittedly convenient even if no longer necessary.