Author Topic: Layout screens not redrawing properly.  (Read 1176 times)

Zapados

• View Profile
Layout screens not redrawing properly.
« on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »
On my automatic transitions, my layouts include ugly whitespace between the cells.  If I stop and go into "design mode" it seems to correct itself.  But once another transition happens in a live tournament, the whitespace re-appears!

https://imgur.com/a/xKpIeiK

Should look like: https://imgur.com/zWD0FUI

How do I "force" redraws so it looks nice?

Zapados

• View Profile
Re: Layout screens not redrawing properly.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »
Ahhh...yeah, totally user error.  <table> settings leaking all over the place, ew!

Another question though...how do I make a property set apply only on a given screen?

Zapados

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 02:44:37 PM »
OK figured that out too, but it seems a bit cumbersome...create a new Cell, copy the intended cell, edit whatever with the new cell.

Zapados

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 03:00:39 PM »
Also, "copy" doesn't copy conditions...OUCH!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 12:09:12 PM »
I was really interested to see what that layout looked like underneath.  I guess the unclosed table explains it.  Still interesting, as the HTML is injected so it shouldn't really "leak" per se.  Oh well.  Glad you figured that out.

Seems you've figured this one out, too, but there really isn't a way to force a cell to use a different property set on a different screen.  So if you've got a cell used on 2 screens, it's going to use the same property set at any given time during a tournament.  To accomplish what you're asking, I think you should make a copy of the cell and create a different property set with different conditions.

As you noted, "copy" doesn't copy conditions.  But that's not entirely true.  If you copy a property set from one cell to another, it's only copying the properties themselves - not the conditions.  What you're probably wanting to do is copy the entire cell (including property sets with their conditions), then make changes to the new cell.  To do that, right-click a cell in the Toolbox, and select Make a copy of <cell name>.

Zapados

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 01:12:33 PM »
I was really interested to see what that layout looked like underneath.  I guess the unclosed table explains it.  Still interesting, as the HTML is injected so it shouldn't really "leak" per se.  Oh well.  Glad you figured that out.

Seems you've figured this one out, too, but there really isn't a way to force a cell to use a different property set on a different screen.  So if you've got a cell used on 2 screens, it's going to use the same property set at any given time during a tournament.  To accomplish what you're asking, I think you should make a copy of the cell and create a different property set with different conditions.

As you noted, "copy" doesn't copy conditions.  But that's not entirely true.  If you copy a property set from one cell to another, it's only copying the properties themselves - not the conditions.  What you're probably wanting to do is copy the entire cell (including property sets with their conditions), then make changes to the new cell.  To do that, right-click a cell in the Toolbox, and select Make a copy of <cell name>.

Yes, that is what I was trying to do!  Good thing to know...I'll try it out next time.  Thank you!