Author Topic: An "Overall Scoring" need  (Read 2143 times)

mrticsay

• View Profile
An "Overall Scoring" need
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:20:20 PM »
This is probably not a common thing/need, but I figured I'd ask just in case its not unique or is relatively easy to do.

Our league has several different style tournaments that we play multiple times through out the year.  Each style has its own points system.  We take the best 2 of 3 of each style in calculating Overall Scoring.

I'd like a way to use your Overall Scoring function which supports the idea of "MaxOf", but I need to be able to use it against segregated tournaments (maybe through a new attribute or using an existing one like "Tournament Seasons".)

[note- following example isn't the actual formula such as Top2, but a description of what i'm trying to do]

For a simple example- tourneys A, B & C using scoring system 1, while tourneys D, E & F use scoring system 2 (the scoring systems are setup properly in each tourney).  I'd like to be able to compute Overall Score= Top2(A,B,C) + Top2(D,E,F)

I can't use Overall Score = Top4(A,B,C,D,E,F) because all scores in D, E,F may be lower than the lowest score in A, B, C.

Again, I know this is probably a bit much...but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Right now, I do this outside TD using Excel.