Author Topic: Possible to change font size and make text bold for chip values?  (Read 1387 times)

fyreant

• View Profile
Possible to change font size and make text bold for chip values?
« on: February 28, 2022, 11:33:37 PM »
Can somebody tell me where to change the font size and make the text bold for the numerical values of the chips? My chip values are shown on the main screen, but some players have trouble reading the values due to size. So I would like to make those values bold and a larger font size. I old found where to enter the chip value amounts, but not adjust size... and in the layout for the chips changing the value of the chip size itself only increases the size of the chip image, not the text.

Ant

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to change font size and make text bold for chip values?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 11:01:23 AM »
Edit the Chips cell.  Highlight (select) some of the <chips> text, then press the Edit Token button to edit the token in the Token Builder window.

Update the font and colors by editing the bodyRowsFont:

Press OK when done and the <chips> layout token will update with your changes.  Press Apply and the Game window should update.  Make other adjustments as needed.  Finally, click the link "Copy contents to all property sets" to copy your changes to the "Even Rounds" property set, so you'll see the same thing on both even and odd-numbered rounds.

FYI, this layout token is different because it uses HTML tables to display the chips.  Historically there was an HTML bug that didn't allow font settings and some other styles to be inherited into tables, so the font settings had to be added to the token itself.  This goes all the way back to Internet Explorer (which the TD used to use but doesn't anymore) and even back to Netscape Navigator I think.  It isn't the case anymore.  If you add a table to one of your cells the font settings in the table should follow the cell font settings.  But "fixing" this layout token would break existing layouts, so here we are.

fyreant

• View Profile
Re: Possible to change font size and make text bold for chip values?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:40:18 AM »
This worked great! Thank you!  8)