Author Topic: Please PLEASE P L E A S E include invite/management features  (Read 4099 times)

stickyshed

• View Profile
Please PLEASE P L E A S E include invite/management features
« on: March 14, 2023, 03:59:35 AM »
I know this has been requested before, and your response was along the lines of "plenty of other software does it better" but Statsgenie is a buggy mess, homepokertour doesn't seem to exist, and I'm not aware of any others. It may not have been worth looking at before, but it might be now.

It's a big ask I realise, but it would make TD absolutely the best poker software out there, period. The player database already exists. The Tournament stats already exist. What's missing, I know, is some form of continuous, persistent tournament tracking, but if that could be nailed, this software would have literally everything anybody could need, right out of the box.

Eh it doesn't cost anything to dream :P

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Please PLEASE P L E A S E include invite/management features
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 09:37:54 PM »
I'm going to stick by that statement that "plenty of other software does it better" and qualify it with "better than I could do it".  But maybe what I have in my mind is not the same as what you have in yours.  What do you envision this feature to be?

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 06:55:39 AM »
I don't know how this could be made to work, so I'll bow to your own thoughts on the matter, but it would look something like this:
There would be an "Invite" tab.  You click on it, and you get a list of players (maybe subset by leagues/season, dunno).
You select whichever players you want to send an invite out to. This invite can be freeform text ("game at my place on the 12th" etc etc
They each get an email which they can click on to take them to a webpage (can even use a Google Sheets doc for this), and they can choose "Yes, Probably, Maybe, No" or whatever.
The responses can be saved just like any other tourney stat.

The TD software could track the statuses of the invites and send reminders to everyone who hasn't responded a week before the game, or send confirmation that the game is going ahead when X people have said yes etc etc.

TBH the more I look at this the more I can understand why you'd want to leave it well alone.

JamesBurgin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 02:20:49 AM »
I use the Meetup app for this. Meetup has it's own issues but is free for users, only the host pays. It has chat, a variety of subsets you can email to, etc. It has it's own set of issues but has been working well.

The downside is that I need to add players to a tournament by hand after RSVPs close. Meetup does have and export feature (called Attendee Details for some reason) that exports a tab delimited file. It pulls the file name from the title of you tournament. See the attached file for details. Since there is a unique User ID it would be easy to "bulk add" players to the tournament if there was a field in the player database with the same User ID along with an "import list" function.

While I would like to manage everything from within one app this may be a simple enough fix, at least for now. Way less daunting than full integration of invites and tracking.

brewdawg93

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 04:51:56 PM »
Check out the Invite Tracker on PokerChipForum.com.  https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/invitetracker.98/ I am not running tournaments or poker nights currently so I haven't used it.  But it sounds like it does a lot of the things that you are looking for.