Author Topic: Bud Red Light  (Read 4385 times)

Guzzler

• View Profile
Bud Red Light
« on: June 29, 2021, 06:20:58 PM »
Here's an off-the-board question for ya...

Can you think of any way to connect the TD to the Budweiser Red Light?  It would be incredibly awesome to have the light flash and horn sound each time the blinds went up!

I'm not a programmer, so getting detailed with suggestions would only confuse me. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:42:27 PM by Guzzler »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bud Red Light
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 03:44:00 PM »
I'm sure there's a way, it just depends on how far you would have to go to make it happen.  There are a bunch of articles out there about hacking it.  However, for the rest of us it would probably require an open API that you could communicate with to signal the light to flash.  If that were available, then yes, it could be done from the TD pretty simply.  TD Events can run an external application, so it would require writing a program that would communicate with the API to flash your light, then just have the TD run that program from an event that fires when the level changes.  Sounds complicated but it probably could be something as simple as running curl with the right parameters (I'm making this up of course, the link below is not real):

curl https://www.budweiser.com/goalredlight/api/v1/flash?id=12dcd02c-a691-4849-937c-30eecc52dfaf

Problem is, as far as I can tell, there's no API for the "Budweiser Hockey Goal Red Light".