Author Topic: 3.7 Released!  (Read 19615 times)

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
Ver 3.7.1 issues?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »
Hi Corey,

New issues?

Right click on "Tournament Screen” I see the following:
   Edit cell properties for <b>Description</b>
   <i>!! Tournament.Context.FullScreen !!</i>
Note the coding headers/footers.

I am also seeing a lot of “Null” listings when “Edit Columns” moving tokens from one location to another,

Both of these issues are appearing through the program.
Jerome R. Wilson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3.7 Released!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 03:53:25 PM »
One other person reported something similar, but they never got back to me on the details.  Your information suggests one or more language keys are missing.  But the language keys are kind of all-or-nothing.  It would be weird for all of them to be missing, but for just a select few is super weird.  Any chance you could post or send a screenshot?

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »
As requested
Jerome R. Wilson

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »

As requested 2
Jerome R. Wilson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 04:07:55 PM »
Thanks jrwilson1946 for the screenshots.  So I'm not sure if the two issues are related although it seems like they probably are.  But the second screenshot suggests to me that the application is using the language pack from version 3.4.3 (or earlier).  The context menu was HTML before, and now, in 3.7, it is not.  So those bold tags (<b></b>) have been removed.

First question: are you using a language pack?

Second question: not a question, really.  Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+V and then copy and paste that info here, or press the Submit button to submit it directly to me.  The interesting keys in there are going to be Language (English) folder and Language pack folder.

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 05:24:55 PM »
Is this what you are looking for?

Jerome R. Wilson

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
I just want to say what an awesomely pleasant experience it has been using the new version. We've had two tournaments with it and they were the first games in a couple of years were we did not have an issue that required a restart of the software during a tournament. Our tournaments typically last 7 hours or so.

Thank you for all you dedicated work on this new platform!
The man, the myth, the moose!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2020, 12:11:24 AM »
So glad to hear it MooseWizard!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
Is this what you are looking for?

Not quite.  Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+V within the TD.  It should open a "System Information" window with some TD specific information.

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 12:03:28 PM »
AppData: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Roaming
Arch: x64
Chrome version: 73.0.3683.121
CPUs: {AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    }, {AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    }, {AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    }, {AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    }
Data Folder: C:\Users\jrwil\OneDrive\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 13:02:35 04/01/2020
DB File: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\db
Electron version: 5.0.10
Home: C:\Users\jrwil
Hostname: DESKTOP-NC7UFD4
Install Folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector
Language: en-US
Language (English) folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\lang
Language pack folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Roaming\TheTournamentDirector\lang
License Info: WHoU7sOtxWtdSuFS7PDapL5CoaTeRPeiDBvRdMdmplxAuHpkqb+yPFZIYQJyEGs97cx3wl52I1PpMgvN533JJrf6k7Vr37fqS6s1svQ0xOg=
Load: 0,0,0
Memory: 677,449,728 / 3,689,361,408
Node version: 12.0.0
OS Release: 10.0.19592
OS Type: Windows_NT
Platform: win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\jrwil\OneDrive\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\jrwil\OneDrive\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector
Support Key: 0249633126EEC0A907D143AF5ACG652930049BBFDEF
TD Language: en-us
TD Patch Level: null
TD Version: 3.7.1
Temp directory: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Temp
User: jrwilson1946
UserData: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Roaming\TheTournamentDirector
V8 version: 7.3.492.27-electron.0
Jerome R. Wilson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2020, 02:58:45 PM »
Thanks.

I do think your instance of TD 3.7.1 is using language catalogs from 3.4.3, because I duplicated the context-menu part of pointing my version 3.7.1 at the language catalogs of 3.4.3, and it looks exactly like your screenshot.  But I don't see anything in your information that would *specifically* cause this.  But I do see some weird things.

For example:

Data Folder:    C:\Users\jrwil\OneDrive\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
DB File:        C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\db\td.db
DB Folder:      C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\db
Install Folder: C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector
Repo Folder:    C:\Users\jrwil\AppData\Local\Programs\TheTournamentDirector

OK, notice that the Data Folder is, I presume, where you have your Documents folder, which is what it should be.  I don't know if you've configured Windows so that your Documents folder is on your OneDrive, or if you're using the TD's "specialfolders.txt" override.  Either way, that's more or less correct.

However, it looks like you've got your Data Store inside of the install folder.  This is NOT a good thing.  When the TD is updated, either by updating itself or by you downloading and installing a new version, the install folder is completely deleted (along with everything in it).  So an upgrade will delete your Data Store.  I don't think that's what you want.  You really should not be putting anything inside of the install folder.  I actually ran into this issue when I added the language pack support during 3.7 beta, and I initially put them inside the install folder, until someone pointed out that their language pack was deleted when they upgraded.  So keep everything out of there.

If you happened to copy stuff from your old (3.4.3 or older) TD instance to this folder, it might explain why the language catalogs are out of date.  To fix this, first move your Data Store somewhere else.  Then re-install version 3.7.1.  See if this clears up the issue.