Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help Me / Re: Variable to show last buy-in time/level?
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 26, 2022, 02:30:39 PM »
Obviously you can manually limit how many folks can buy-in.  You can easily hard-code that into the layout, too, to show your players.  For example, in the Tournament Info cell from the default layout:

<buyin> Buy-in, <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

You could change it to read:

<buyin> Buy-in until round 6, <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

You could also do something like this to show how many rounds are left to buy-in:

<buyin> Buy-in (<expression text="max(7 - roundNum, 0)"> rounds left!), <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

It's not dynamic, so you'll have to change this if you change the level at which buy-ins end.
« Last post by kungfauxn00b on November 26, 2022, 03:22:36 AM »
Thanks for confirming. 👍🏼 Strange that no one else has needed it as most, if not all, tournaments I play in have a late reg time/level. Although, I mostly play ones that have at least 1 rebuy/addon. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think I have a work-around by using the rebuy or addon field and hiding it from the layout. Maybe set it to something like where maxaddons=99 then hide? I'll give it a bash tonight.

Thanks for getting back to me 👍🏼
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 23, 2022, 05:15:41 PM »
My gut feeling is that it's not avilable as the Buy-in section doesn't have a field for last level (like the rebuys and add-on sections).

Correct.  The TD doesn't support the same restrictions for buy-ins.  While it seems perfectly reasonable to me, I can't recall anyone ever requesting it as a feature.
Templates, Layouts and Sounds / Re: presentation screen problem
« Last post by lolo02100 on November 23, 2022, 03:22:24 PM »
merci bien a toi
Help Me / Variable to show last buy-in time/level?
« Last post by kungfauxn00b on November 22, 2022, 10:28:58 PM »
Hey, firstly – this software is AWESOME!!! Unitl now, I've found everything I needed, so thank you!!

I'm looking for a variable to show the last time and/or level a buy-in is available? I know I have rebuy/addonTimeLeft but let's say it's a full freezout but you can buy-in until end of L6 – how do I show that?

My gut feeling is that it's not avilable as the Buy-in section doesn't have a field for last level (like the rebuys and add-on sections).

If I've just missed it – my bad!  ::) Any advice is massively appreciated!
Help Me / Re: Adjust finishing position after tournament finished
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 16, 2022, 05:20:55 PM »
There are a couple of options.

You can adjust use the adjust rankings feature on the Players tab to simply move players up or down in the rankings.  This basically swaps bust-out times, which will rank your players correctly, but won't adjust who busted out whom.  You can then edit each player's history (edit the player on the Game tab, scroll down to the history section, right-click on a bust-out and select Edit Bust-out) to fix the hitman.  The times won't be exactly right but should be relatively close.

You can undo bust-outs until you get to the right player, then re-bust out players in the correct order (and selecting the correct hitman each time).  This will fix the rankings and keep the correct bust-outs for each player.  Bust-out times will now be recent, so won't really line up with the tournament time (for example the tournament may have been played a week ago, so it will have a start time of a week ago but some bust-outs happened today, so the tournament lasted a week).  Many people won't care, it's the relative times that matter, but some folks might care about this.

Or, if you simply mixed up two players, you can swap them.  For example if I had players Bert and Ernie and I meant to bust out Bert but accidentally busted-out Ernie, and then treated Bert as if it were Ernie for the rest of the tournament, you can swap those two players.  If your players are NOT in your database (and thus have just been added as new players to the tournament), you can simply rename them with the correct names (rename Bert to Ernie, and rename Ernie to Bert).  If they are in your database, you can "unmerge" the player and then "merge" them with the correct player to swap.  To perform this swap, edit player Bert on the Players tab and press the Unmerge button.  Then press OK.  This will unlink the tournament player Bert from the database player Bert.  Bert's name on the Players tab will change from regular type to italics to indicate Bert is now a non-database player.  Then do the same with Ernie.  Now both Bert and Ernie are no longer linked with the database.  Now edit Bert again and press the Merge button.  Select Ernie from your database.  Then edit Ernie in your tournament and press the Merge button, then select Bert from your database.  Now they are swapped.

Help Me / Adjust finishing position after tournament finished
« Last post by slimysim on November 16, 2022, 04:53:38 PM »
I busted the wrong person out early and didn’t realise until final table. I carried on with the wrong person using the others name. How do I amend this after the comp has finished? We have a points system and formula so need to adjust for the league.
Help Me / Re: Setup & League question
« Last post by RobertHowe on November 14, 2022, 02:06:43 PM »
My mental fuzziness comes from creating a new template, then seemingly, upon using the template for a new tournament, finding that many of the settings created, or seemingly created and saved, are not in the new tournament initiated from the saved template.  Specifically, prizes, tables, and tournament screen layout reverted to the defaults.  So somewhere I'm not following the right sequence, even though I save to a new saved file name each time.
So I'm saying to self, "duh" but not sure where I'm screwing up.
Beta Testing / Re: New version?
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 14, 2022, 12:09:20 PM »
Still in progress.  Covid slowed down work on the new version, but I've resumed it.  Currently working on CodeMirror integration and refactoring player images to allow for zooming and adjusting of images.  Minor features for sure, but that's what I'm working on right now.
Help Me / Re: Setup & League question
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 14, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »
When you save a tournament, you're saving everything to do with that tournament.  That means you're saving the configuration you see on the Game tab, the Rounds schedule, the players, the prizes, the tables, the layout, the events, the chips, and the rules.  Additionally you're saving the current tournament state, which is each player's current status (not bought-in, playing, busted out, etc), the current round, tournament history, etc.  When you save your tournament, you should be able to exit the TD, restart the TD, load the tournament, and be exactly where you previously left off.  The only exception to this is the Layout.  There is a preference that controls whether or not your layout is saved with your tournament, and whether or not a tournament saved with a layout will have the layout automatically loaded or not.  This was done primarily to speed up loading of tournaments for stats.  If you always use the same layout, you can set a layout as your default layout (so that it is always loaded and ready when you start up the TD).  Then you can turn off the saving of layouts with tournaments.  In the end, loading a tournament is much faster, since it doesn't contain the baggage of a layout.

The main "parts" of a tournament can also be saved and loaded independently.  For example, you can load a rounds template at any time, even while you are running a tournament, without disrupting anything else.  That is, loading a rounds template will replace your current rounds configuration without changing your prizes, or tables, or players, or anything other part of your tournament.

The other puzzlement is with extended display of the Tournament screen; the right click on laptop screen doesn't invoke a long menu where I can choose "screens" to change from seating arrangement to the clock, etc, but rather properties of characteristics of whatever settings tab is current.

If you want to change screens directly from the main (Game) window, right click and move the mouse over the "Screens" option.  This will open a sub-menu with the various screens to choose from.

Likewise, Hot keys functioning seems disabled, ctl-B does not invoke player list except when on the controls tab, or the cursor is on the extended display, and the numeric hot keys don't switch screens on the extended display, regardless of lock or unlock on the controls tab or cursor location.  So somewhere I've botched some setting(s), but which one(s)?

Hotkeys work on the Game window at all times, UNLESS the Settings window is open.  The Settings window is modal, which means it takes control of the application and you cannot use the Game window until the Settings window is closed.  Your mouse doesn't "reach" the Game window when the Settings window is open.  Trying to click on the Game window while the Settings window is open will result in the title bar of the Settings window flashing and you'll hear your system default "gong" sound.  This is how all applications behave that utilize modal windows.  Close the Settings window and hotkeys should work just fine from the Game window.

Certain hotkeys will also work in certain places when the Settings window is open.  For example, function keys (F1 through F12) should work everywhere.  That's because function keys don't interfere with user input (you'll never need to press F12 when entering an Event Name, for example).  Other hotkeys will work with two caveats: they are disabled on Settings tabs that have inputs where you type a value, such as the Game tab.  If they were enabled here, then the hotkeys 1 through 9, which by default will switch the Game window to the corresponding screen, would cause the Game window to change when you typed a numeric value in one of the inputs.  Therefore hotkeys are disabled here (again except for the function keys).  Some other tabs don't have inputs, and so hotkeys wouldn't interfere with user input.  They will work here, but there is a preference that controls this, so you'll need to make sure the preference is enabled.  You'll find it on the Preferences tab in the Behavior category (on the left).  It's a checkbox about halfway down labeled Allow hotkeys on all Settings tabs that do not have inputs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10