Author Topic: Using TD for a 7 Stud Game  (Read 3384 times)

StevenR

• View Profile
Using TD for a 7 Stud Game
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
I am having trouble trying to set up a 7 Stud tournament using TD.  I am trying to change the blinds tab to be the bring in.  For the next round, I have this: <nobr>Bring In: <nextbigblind></nobr>  and it works fine.  It is the current round where I am having difficulty.  This is what I have now:    Bring In <br> <bigblind>     and does not work.  Any suggestions?  Also, is there a way to save it as a layout and not have to rewrite the HTML every time?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using TD for a 7 Stud Game
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »
What do you mean by "it does not work"?

You can save your layout independently from the tournament.  Just press the Save Layout button on the Layout tab.

emc300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
I know what he means, Corey.  I was there when he typed the thread.  What he means is for the clock to say this:    Bring In:  $25 
What it says now is this:   Blinds   $0/$25(he only uses the big blind tab).  What he wants is a formula to get the clock to say bring in and not blinds.  The formula he has for the next round works fine.  Neither one of us could figure out the correct formula.  Thanks in advance, Corey, for not only a great program, but quick responces as well.

StevenR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »
The screen would come up as this for the current round:

Ante: $25
Bring In: 0 / $25
Blinds: $100 / $200

And for the next round in the box below:

Ante: $25
Bring In: $50
Blinds: $200 / $400

Figured I would clarify what I was seeing.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
I guess what confuses me is I don't understand why what you described would not work.  As a matter of fact, I just tried it by entering the HTML you included exactly, and it looks just fine.

So, I loaded up the sample.tdt tournament.  Edited the "Blinds" cell and changed the HTML to:

Bring In <br> <bigblind>

Then I edited the Next Blinds cell and changed the HTML to:

<nobr>Bring In: <nextbigblind></nobr>

My screen now looks like:

10:00
No Limit Texas Hold 'Em
Bring In
$20

Next Round: No Limit Texas Hold 'Em
Bring In: $30

What am I missing?

emc300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »
I guess what confuses me is I don't understand why what you described would not work.  As a matter of fact, I just tried it by entering the HTML you included exactly, and it looks just fine.

I have never claimed to be a computer expert and dont understand these things sometimes.  You being the creater of this program know these things inside and out.  This is another reason I love this program because you respond quickly to these topics.  I will try again to make this work.  If I have any more problems, i will let you know here.  Thank you Corey for all you do.

emc300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 04:31:27 AM »
FYI, i got it working.  Thanks again, Corey.