Author Topic: how to set up sound for break  (Read 5566 times)

kpaulos

• View Profile
how to set up sound for break
« on: March 15, 2022, 06:22:03 AM »
Could someone help me I'm new to this and need help setting up a sound for breaks. Not sure how to do this please help.

DCP

• View Profile
Re: how to set up sound for break
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 02:14:27 PM »
Here is how I have my break sound configured. This would be on the Events tab.

kpaulos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 06:17:14 AM »
Thanks

Muddgutts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 01:16:33 AM »
Hi there, I also set up a sound to fire once my break starts and it works but the trouble I have is that my soundbyte won't stop playing and it loops over top of itself at the same time and as I say it doesn't stop. This is how I have it set up

P.S. sorry my image is so big, I have no idea why
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 01:18:06 AM by Muddgutts »

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 04:42:18 AM »
Hi there, I also set up a sound to fire once my break starts and it works but the trouble I have is that my soundbyte won't stop playing and it loops over top of itself at the same time and as I say it doesn't stop. This is how I have it set up

P.S. sorry my image is so big, I have no idea why

Your trigger is set to 'the clock ticks' as opposed to 'a level starts' all other conditions are correct
Stuart Murray

Muddgutts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 02:50:49 PM »
Hi Stuart, it didn't seem to fix the issue.

Here is what it is supposed to sound like: https://youtu.be/9V2IRbPBjQk

Here is what is happening: https://youtu.be/wi9cjw2qNRo

I wonder if it is because it is playing at the same time as my regular sound that plays when a new level begins? I haven't figured out how to not play that sound when break starts

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 05:04:23 PM »
Two sounds can't be initiated at the same time.  That is, for any single moment only a single event will fire, and only a single sound can be played from that event.  So even if you have, for example, an event that is triggered by "the clock ticks" and one that is triggered by "a level starts", only one of them will be triggered.  However, sounds can be initiated 1 second apart and they will overlap.  Internally there are I think up to 5 sound players so you could have, say, 5 sound files, each 30 seconds in length, and each triggered 1 second apart.  They will all play at the same time.  If you play a 6th sound, the first sound will stop playing as the sound player is "reused".

It kind of sounds to me like you've got sounds being initiated 1 after the other on probably 1 second intervals.  Also, now that I'm thinking about it, before v3.7 everything was updated on 1 second intervals.  But with 3.7, the rendering engine and code engine are so much faster I decreased that interval, so it should be updating several times a second.  I hope that hasn't impacted how often events are evaluated.   :o  I'll have to look into that.

Can you attach your sounds template?  Just press the "Save Template" button on the Events tab and attach that to a reply post.  We won't have the sound files but we should be able to see how the events are configured and tell if they are overlapping due to configuration.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 06:43:03 AM »
attach your event template on here and we will look at it, the new level evet you want to have isRound as a condition heres a new level and also a short break from my events for comparison, note my trigger is 'a level starts'
Stuart Murray

Muddgutts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 02:31:26 AM »
Sorry Cory, I had deleted the event because it was overlapping and I can't recall the settings I had with it.

I have 3 blind levels and then a break, I wonder if the software would know that the next level is a break and if I could fire off a sound with say 15 seconds left before break?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 08:17:42 AM »
Sorry Cory, I had deleted the event because it was overlapping and I can't recall the settings I had with it.

I have 3 blind levels and then a break, I wonder if the software would know that the next level is a break and if I could fire off a sound with say 15 seconds left before break?

Yep.  Choose "The clock ticks" for the trigger and use the following conditions:

nextIsBreak and secondsLeft = 15

Elbuki

• View Profile
Can you please walk me through how to add sound for break, final table, new level and start of tournament?

Thanks,

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 03:02:30 PM »
Can you please walk me through how to add sound for break, final table, new level and start of tournament?

For an event that fires when a new level (I assume a new round) starts, create a new event from scratch, select A level starts for Trigger and set Conditions to isRound.

For an event that fires when a break starts, create a new event from scratch, select A level starts for Trigger and set Conditions to isBreak.

For an event that fires when the final table has been reached, select Tables are consolidated (removed from play) by a player movement suggestion that is accepted for Trigger and set Conditions to tablesLeft = 1.

For an event that fires when the tournament starts, create a new event from scratch, select The tournament starts for Trigger and leave the Conditions blank.