Author Topic: Corey... You okay?  (Read 4301 times)

shushs

• View Profile
Corey... You okay?
« on: August 17, 2022, 08:23:59 PM »
Been a while... haven't seen much going on. Just wanted to check in. All Good?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Corey... You okay?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »
Everything is great!  Thanks for asking.  How about you?

True, things in the forums have been slower lately.  Maybe most of the questions of simply been asked at this point?  :)

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:20:10 AM »
I'm doing well, thanks.

I can liven this up then...

When will you have a Linux/Mac version of the TD available?

* shushs ducks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 07:10:36 PM »
Well, I had a long reply written up for this and my login timed out and I lost it all.  So then, briefly, I'm still excited about creating those versions, but the reality of my full-time job having gotten much more demanding, as well as some of the other barriers like the fact that I don't own a Mac (and haven't even used one in many, many years), as well as the difficulty of publishing applications for Macs (not to mention cost, which is a significant factor for small developers like myself).  Linux probably wouldn't be too difficult, as I could install Ubuntu or another distro in a VM and work through that, but I think aside from a handful of folks who would really like a Linux version, the demand isn't very high (especially compared to Windows and Mac versions).  Short story even shorter: I still want to, but I still don't have a timetable.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 08:53:45 PM »
While I would love to say I didn't understand, and play dumb, I totally get all your points.

As an aside, I seem to recall you talking about using Electron (??) or something like that a while back, to allow you to do cross platform.
I would still love  a Mac version, I will still wait patiently, and I will still nudge this idea every few years. =)

Thanks for what you've already done, and thanks for considering the option.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 09:36:14 PM »
Yes, version 3.7 was the first version to use Electron.  So the cross-platform ability is now here.  It's up to me to make it happen.