Author Topic: Variable to show last buy-in time/level?  (Read 1682 times)

kungfauxn00b

• View Profile
Variable to show last buy-in time/level?
« on: November 22, 2022, 10:28:58 PM »
Hey, firstly – this software is AWESOME!!! Unitl now, I've found everything I needed, so thank you!!

I'm looking for a variable to show the last time and/or level a buy-in is available? I know I have rebuy/addonTimeLeft but let's say it's a full freezout but you can buy-in until end of L6 – how do I show that?

My gut feeling is that it's not avilable as the Buy-in section doesn't have a field for last level (like the rebuys and add-on sections).

If I've just missed it – my bad!  ::) Any advice is massively appreciated!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Variable to show last buy-in time/level?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:15:41 PM »
My gut feeling is that it's not avilable as the Buy-in section doesn't have a field for last level (like the rebuys and add-on sections).

Correct.  The TD doesn't support the same restrictions for buy-ins.  While it seems perfectly reasonable to me, I can't recall anyone ever requesting it as a feature.

kungfauxn00b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 03:22:36 AM »
Thanks for confirming. 👍🏼 Strange that no one else has needed it as most, if not all, tournaments I play in have a late reg time/level. Although, I mostly play ones that have at least 1 rebuy/addon. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think I have a work-around by using the rebuy or addon field and hiding it from the layout. Maybe set it to something like where maxaddons=99 then hide? I'll give it a bash tonight.

Thanks for getting back to me 👍🏼

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 02:30:39 PM »
Obviously you can manually limit how many folks can buy-in.  You can easily hard-code that into the layout, too, to show your players.  For example, in the Tournament Info cell from the default layout:

<buyin> Buy-in, <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

You could change it to read:

<buyin> Buy-in until round 6, <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

You could also do something like this to show how many rounds are left to buy-in:

<buyin> Buy-in (<expression text="max(7 - roundNum, 0)"> rounds left!), <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>

It's not dynamic, so you'll have to change this if you change the level at which buy-ins end.