Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help Me / Big Blind Ante (BBA) adjusments
« Last post by LeeJOnBass on November 29, 2021, 02:07:51 PM »
Hi folks -
I'm about to run my first tourney with big blind antes (BBA). I figure I'll just plug the BBA amount in as the ante. Are there any gotchas or traps that come with this that I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks, Lee
Help Me / Re: Paying Points Winners
« Last post by Guzzler on November 27, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
OK, so I took a stab at your "hack" below.  Here's what I got...

On the "Stats" page, under "Normal View", your hack works as you mentioned.

However, when I move over to "Single field view" on the same Stats page, it does not give the money total - it shows that same person as having won $0.00.  So I double click on the individuals name to get his individual statistics, and it does show an adjustment for the correct amount.  But, for whatever reason, it will not show this amount under the "Single field view".
Help Me / Re: Bringing all data to a new computer
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 26, 2021, 12:23:33 AM »
No, nothing has changed with significance to the stored data.

https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq31

Your license cannot be transferred. Just install it like you did the first time.  If you have any trouble, just email me.  I can straighten out any issues.
Help Me / Re: Bringing all data to a new computer
« Last post by Jaxen on November 25, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »
Hey Corey, I'm looking at the FAQ. I won't be backing files up since I'm replacing a laptop that died. The plan is to pull the old hard drive and copy to the new one. Hoping if I install the software and copy in there won't be any issues. Anything I need to keep in mind?
Templates, Layouts and Sounds / Re: Prizes/Payouts visible at Round 5+
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 22, 2021, 02:29:57 PM »
^^ This is the answer.  If you need more detailed instructions, let us know.
Templates, Layouts and Sounds / Re: Prizes/Payouts visible at Round 5+
« Last post by Stuart Murray on November 20, 2021, 01:28:40 PM »
create two property sets for your prizes cell(s)  call the first one unconfirmed or something and the second confirmed or similar.  now on the first set you want to set your font colour to transparent.  Edit the property cell conditions to suit your game for example add-ons over (no), re-buys over (no).  (Do it this way then your prizes will show how you want it to even if you change your structure.)

The second property set will have the font the colour you want it and edit the property set conditions for example re-buys over (yes)
Templates, Layouts and Sounds / Prizes/Payouts visible at Round 5+
« Last post by Skynet on November 20, 2021, 10:17:37 AM »
I want the prizes/payouts to show starting at Round 5 after all entries and add-ons have been updated.

How do I set this up?  Thanks!
Help Me / Re: Windows 11
« Last post by Silver Owl on November 17, 2021, 05:48:18 AM »
I can confirm that the TD runs flawlessly on windows 11.
I ran a 5 hr. test tournament yesterday with zero problems.
Help Me / Re: Windows Computer Minimum Specs?
« Last post by Peterfton on November 16, 2021, 10:06:20 PM »
Corey, thanks for the input. I too was thinking maybe i5 with min 8gb ram. Thanks for the input again.
Help Me / Re: Windows Computer Minimum Specs?
« Last post by Corey Cooper on November 15, 2021, 12:17:08 PM »
There's really not a minimum or preferred specs anymore.  If your laptop/PC can run a browser (Chrome, for example), it should be able to run The Tournament Director.  The beefier your computer (more memory, faster processor mainly) the smoother and more responsive the TD will be.

That said, I still use and do most development work on my desktop PC with an i7-2600 (3.4GHz) in it and 16GB of memory.  Yes, it's an i7 but it's gen 2 from 2011!  I have now used the same desktop for over 10 years.  If I were shopping today I would probably try to get an i5 at least and 16GB of memory at a minimum, budget allowing.  There are so many processors and variants, just in the Intel family, not to mention other manufacturers, it's overwhelming.  And also difficult to know if an i5 from today would be faster and more efficient than my i7 from 10 years ago.  I feel 8GB is probably enough, but personally I would shoot for at least 16GB, if for nothing else than to future proof just a bit.

I have a "work" laptop that has an i7-8650U (1.9GHz) in it and 32GB of memory.  My old desktop still outperforms it, but I believe the processors are meant for different computing environments (one's desktop, one's mobile and built for more power efficiency).  The work laptop also has a LOT of security software on it that undoubtedly slows it considerably.

So I think any fairly recent CPU with a minimum amount of memory (8GB but 16GB would be better) should handle the TD just fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10