Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 5 (final beta!)  (Read 14434 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.7 BETA 5 (final beta!)
« on: January 28, 2020, 11:34:54 PM »
This is it everyone.  I think everything is done for 3.7.  I don't anticipate much if any change between this beta and the final release version.

This fixes all bugs found in previous betas (only a handful since beta 4) and adds basically the only thing left which was a color picker.  The app is now signed with an EV code signing certificate, so no more warnings from Windows when you install it and hopefully no more anti-virus false positives.  I've also enabled auto updates, which means new versions after this beta will be installed automatically.

Link for download
Edit: 3.7 (final) is ready: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=6034

(A quick note of interest [to me at least]: the new framework is so much better, I fixed a bug that I've been unable to figure out since version 2.2!!!)

Here's the list of fixes and changes:

- Added automatic application updating.  If a new version is available, it is downloaded automatically and installed when the application is closed.
- Application and installer are now signed.  This should prevent Windows from warning or preventing installation of the application and updates.
- Added a better color picker, which includes alpha channel, HSL options, and better saved colors support.
- Reverted a change in a previous beta where operator is always asked if busted players want to rebuy before they are unseated, even if all busted players are no longer eligible for rebuy.
- Bug fixed: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null" When submitting to StatsGenie when the StatsGenie account has no leagues defined.
- Bug fixed: Moved the language files and some special configuration files that used to live in the install folder to the configuration folder because the contents of the install folder are deleted when the application is updated.
- Bug fixed (2.2) "TypeError: Cannot read property 'Name' of undefined" and "TypeError: Cannot read property 'TableUUID' of null" when Undo/Redo button on Tables tab pressed and player has been removed from the tournament.
- Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): "TypeError: Cannot read property 'Display' of undefined" when right-clicking on the Prizes tab in certain places.
- Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): "SyntaxError: Unexpected token ." when refreshing stats on Stats Tab and one of the saved tournaments is not a valid tournament file.
- Bug fixed: Setting currency symbol, decimal point, or decimal comma to empty could cause problems.
- Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stopAllSounds' of undefined" when pressing the "Stop All Sounds" button on the Events tab or the <tdbutton> layout token type "Stop All Sounds" and "Mute".
- Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): "Error in init sequence" seen and application exits if "Continue where I left off" preference is enabled and the last tournament file loaded cannot be found. Bug fixed (3.7.0-beta.4): Application freezes on startup if default rounds template, prizes template, events template, etc, is defined but the file cannot be found.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:19:48 PM by Corey Cooper »

lolo02100

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 5 (final beta!)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:33:25 AM »
grand merci a toi pour ton travail et ton partage je prends de suite merci bien

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 01:41:16 PM »
Downloaded and installed, have a tourney tonight to test.

When I install the new beta's I loose all of my Rake settings, and all of my Stats profiles. Any way to get them back?
I'm sure its a setting I'm missing, but none of my players show up in the seating chart?

Chuck
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:09:58 PM by Seitz333 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:01 PM »
Downloaded and installed, have a tourney tonight to test.

When I install the new beta's I loose all of my Rake settings, and all of my Stats profiles. Any way to get them back?
I'm sure its a setting I'm missing, but none of my players show up in the seating chart?

Chuck

You shouldn't be losing any preferences upon upgrade.  The preferences are stored in your Documents folder, while the TD is installed in a completely different location.  The application is uninstalled and then the new version is installed, but only the application itself is replaced.  Interesting that only your rake settings and Stats profiles are affected.  All of your preferences are stored in one file.  If anything happens to that file, you'll lose ALL of your preferences, not just certain ones.

If you want to check, take a look in the folder "Documents\The Tournament Director 2" (you should be able to type that into the Windows Explorer location bar and press Enter).  You'll find your preferences file there: "prefs.sav".  If the TD has trouble loading your preferences, it will make a copy of it with the current date/time before writing over it with new preferences.  So if you see files like "prefs.sav.20191202-215957", then you'll know at some point the TD was unable to load your preferences file, so it backed it up by making a copy, then reset preferences back to new.  If you have any of those and want me to take a look you can send them to me.  support@thetournamentdirector.net

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »
I created a new folder called Tournament Director 3 in Documents and made that my datastore, but there is not a prefs.sav. In my Tournament Director 2 folder there is a prefs.sav and some files like like "prefs.sav.20191202-215957". Want me to send you the files? Does the software only look\save the prefs.sav file in the Tournament Director 2 directory?

Any thought on why no players were listed on the seating chart screen?

The stats and rake were not the only prefs affected, also all of my export setting were missing.

FYI heading out of town on friday so I may not get to work on it again until the end of next week.

Chuck
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:03:21 PM by Seitz333 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 10:06:13 PM »
Feel free to send any of those prefs.sav.XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX files.

Does the software only look\save the prefs.sav file in the Tournament Director 2 directory?

Yes.  That's the data folder.  The default Data Store is located within that folder, but of course you can move your Data Store.

Any thought on why no players were listed on the seating chart screen?

I guess I missed that.  If players are seated, they should show up on the Seating Chart screen.  Do you have a tournament file where this is the case?  If so send it to me.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 06:06:03 AM »
I had the same issue, export settings,  pause after rounds and payout settings were missing ... using beta 4.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
Can you tell me where I should copy the language pack file please? The location is apparently still different?
Thank you for your work.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 10:11:45 PM »
I had the same issue, export settings,  pause after rounds and payout settings were missing ... using beta 4.

It's hard to understand how some preferences could change (or be reset) and not others.  You mention "payout settings".  What do you mean by this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 10:54:10 PM »
Can you tell me where I should copy the language pack file please? The location is apparently still different?
Thank you for your work.

%appdata%\TheTournamentDirector\lang

You should create a folder there using the localization standard.  The link I used to provide to an MS page with the relevant info is now dead, so here's one I just found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_localisation

To create the language pack, you just need to zip up the folder you created under the "lang" folder.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 06:48:16 AM »

It's hard to understand how some preferences could change (or be reset) and not others.  You mention "payout settings".  What do you mean by this?

We had storm damage to our house in April so we haven't played since then, until last Saturday so its possible that all the settings were reset. I may have  fixed some of them because I know I fixed some layout things. During our tournament the pause after rounds were off and after the tournament all the export settings were reset. I mentioned payout when I should have said prize, I setup the prizes years ago and basically haven't touched them since, I thought I configured the default template but its possible I had a custom template which I couldn't find.

Other than those minor things the tournament with beta 4 ran great. I was one of the people that experienced all the problems with the last version so this was a welcome change. You did a great job and your hard work to get everything fixed is greatly appreciated.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
So glad to hear it fixed those issues for you.  It's been a long road and I'm really happy, and excited, it's almost complete.  Then I can finally get back to implementing *new* features.

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 02:01:41 PM »
Hi Corey,

I discovered a bug in beta 5 that didn't exist in beta 4 or earlier.

The bug applies to the text color on the Seating Chart Screen. The text color always appears
as black, no matter what color you choose. If you then (like me) have black background color, the
player names will be invisible.

That's probably why another user here is asking why his players aren't listed on the Seating Chart Screen.
They are, but he probably has a black background color.

It seems that only the Seating Chart Screen is affected. The following screens are not affected:
Player Rankings
Blinds Schedule
Player Movement
Seating List

Can you confirm that this is a bug?
If so, is there a solution or is a bug fix the only solution?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out.  Looks like I introduced this in beta 4.  I updated the Seating Chart and Seating List screens because the highlighting of moved players was broken from earlier versions (before 3.7).  Only the background color of the highlight font was used on the Seating Chart screen, and only the background and foreground colors were used on the Seating List screen.  Other font attributes could be changed but were ignored.  I fixed it so the other font attributes were used, and the font size of the table body and highlight font stayed in sync (changing one changes the other, too).  I must have messed up the table body text color without realizing it.

There is a workaround.  If you turn on Highlighting Recently Moved Players (on the Seating Chart Screen properties), the player text color will be correct.  But only while highlighted.  So you'll have to set it to "Always".  If you don't like players being highlighted, set the highlight font to be the same as the Table body font.  You can actually right-click on the Table body font preview and select "Copy" and then right-click on the highlight font preview and select "Paste".

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 04:19:41 PM »
Thank you Corey,
Then I know that I'm not the one doing something wrong.   :)
This is not exactly a critical bug. I look forward to a bug fix in the next update.