Author Topic: Table Balance vs Table Consolidation  (Read 917 times)

MikeCzopek

• View Profile
Table Balance vs Table Consolidation
« on: November 02, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »
Hi,

I've created separate events for the Table Balance Suggestion and the Table Consolidation triggers with the goal of having only the Consolidation event fire when a table break needs to occur. Unfortunately the Consolidation event only happens when the Balance is accepted (which is after the Balance event fires), so I get my Balance event that fires on the knockout, and then the Consolidation event that fires on the acceptance.

Is there a condition I can put into Table Balance Suggestion to not fire if the accepted move will result in the Consolidation event firing? When a table is breaking, I want to be able to pause the clock.

Relatedly, is there a way to automatically accept the proposed move and show the Player Movement screen for either event?

Thanks!
Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Table Balance vs Table Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 10:32:12 PM »
Hey!  Sorry you had to wait on my response.

Is there a condition I can put into Table Balance Suggestion to not fire if the accepted move will result in the Consolidation event firing? When a table is breaking, I want to be able to pause the clock.

Unfortunately no.  The events are completely disconnected.  Specifically because the second one, the Table Consolidation event, requires human input.  You can't predict what the operator will do.  He/she may decide not to accept the suggested movement (which may be a consolidation).  There is simply no way to know.  Furthermore, the operator can choose on a per-player basis which movements to accept.  This may change whether or not a table consolidation occurs.

Relatedly, is there a way to automatically accept the proposed move and show the Player Movement screen for either event?

Yes!  This is a setting on the Tables tab.  You can choose to Automatically accept player movement suggestions.

To show the Player Movement screen automatically you can check the box on the Player Movement window that says Display Player Movement screen when movement suggestion accepted.  The more elaborate way to do this is to create a screen set with the Player Movement screen in it, and use conditions that test the lastPlayerMoveTime variable.  This would allow the software to display the Player Movement screen for a specified amount of time after a player movement occurs, and then resume the usual screen rotation.  Happy to help with this configuration - just let me know if this is what you are trying to do.