Author Topic: Using All Tables  (Read 1290 times)

slimysim

• View Profile
Using All Tables
« on: December 22, 2021, 03:10:08 AM »
If I run a tournament for say 104 players, 80 turn up at the start.  I am using 8 seated tables (13 of them), when I do the seating I don't really want only 10 tables used so that the late comers all have to sit on the same table, is there a way to specify that the first draw should spread out over ALL 13 tables so that the late-comers don't have to sit together (could be same family etc).  Hope this makes sense! Any help much appreciated.

Simon

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Using All Tables
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »
Create your first seating draw as short handed tables, by making your tables say 7 handed.  Once you start the tournament you can then add the correct amount of seats to each table and seat late players at existing tables as you please.

Another way is to block off seats as unavailable, this will force the software to draw the players over more tables.  You can then unblock the tables after the first draw.
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 01:06:31 PM »
The other way would be to use the Auto Seat feature.  On the buy-in dialog, you can check "Auto seat", which will randomly seat the player at any open seat.  It does not try to balance the tables in any way.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 04:38:37 AM »
The drawing of lots for places, is it really totally random?
It seems to me that I quite often find the same players at the same tables during different tournaments when the draw is made.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 04:23:40 PM »
Yes.  It is using a random number generator.  So there is no "bias", even if it seems like it.  Of course, we could get into a very long discussion about computers and whether or not they can generate actual "true" random numbers, but for the purposes of this discussion the answer is yes.